Playrec

Frederic
PILOTE DE CHASSE
Réactions
2 318
Midwest Plugin pour le hardware CPflight

Sur Facebook , Jorg recherche des bétas testeurs depuis le 3 janvier 2022 :
Looking for Beta testers for plugin version 1.2.7. Major changes:
  • Threshold LevelUp planes are supported (737-600 to -900ER)
  • CPFlight OVH737Pro (Ethernet) is supported
  • CPFlight Multi-Nav panel is supported
  • "Speed bug" bug has been fixed
  • Nose Gear Steering implemented
  • ELEC Panel updated to new Zibo datarefs
  • ...plus lots of small things

Salut Fred

oui j'ai lu mais actuellement je suis très pris donc je n'ai pu me proposer. Une version publique devait sortir cette semaine , je ne sais pas ou ils en sont ?
Philippe

Salut

Ca y est , c'est dispo pour le LEvelUP.
A tester (pour moi pas avant le prochain WE ).
Super sympa Jorg . Répond très vite aux questions au cas ou sur le site de Threshold

On en parle ici

Et ici pour le télécharger

Midwest Plugin pour le hardware CPflight

Philippe

Merci Philippe , je vais faire un test dans la semaine mais uniquement avec Zibo ... en mode internal view sans le cockpit , LevelUp n'a pour moi aucun intérêt sinon de me compliquer la vie et pas sûr que Sismo suive ...
Quand tout fonctionne à merveille , je ne prends plus de risque , sauf à tester XP12 , bientôt j'espère ! ;)

Midwest CPFlight plugin est en version 1.2.10 depuis aujourd'hui .

Il suffit d'ouvrir l'application Standalone Installer 1.4.14 (si vous avez une ancienne version , l'installeur vous proposera la nouvelle version) .

Dernière édition:
Sur facebook , les explications de Jorg Bliesener , le dev du plugin CPFlight (v1.2.10) :

update on the CPFlight plugin for X-Plane:
Today I became aware of a problem with speed in VNAV mode. Or better: When exiting VNAV mode. Plugin version 1.2.10 was just released and fixes this issue.
Also, I just sent out a newsletter with lots of information. As I continuously face email delivery issues with GMail and MSN/Hotmail/Outlook/Office365, please check your spam folder. If it really ended up there, please mark it as "Not spam" and add all addresses mentioned in the newsletter to your list of contacts.

Extrait de la newsletter reçue hier :
v1.2.10 support aditional planes and CPFlight hardware :
  • All Threshold LevelUp 737 aircrafts
  • 8.33 kHz radios - this requires a firmware update by CPFlight and setting "3 digits" in the Zibo EFB (tablet)
  • CPFlight Ethernet Overhead panels (the modular ones as well)
  • CPFlight Multi NAV radio
The LevelUp aircrafts currently use Zibo's systems, so both share the same configuration. Let's hope that this is a stable approach. Please let me know if you identify any difference between Zibo and LevelUp.

Also, a number of bugs have been fixed. One of them was the notorious Speed bug bug, that appeared when gradually increasing MCP speed after takeoff. This required some internal changes in the plugin logic. For the technically interested: while previously the plugin wrote the MCP speed directly into the corresponding datarefs in X-Plane now it uses "speed up" and "speed down" commands, just like the knob in the virtual cockpit.

And then, a week after 1.2.9 came out, a customer from Paris (@betampona) told me about another problem in speed logic when in VNAV mode. It caused a wrong (too high!) speed when exiting VNAV mode on approach. It was fixed in 1.2.10 today, so you may want to install this version

Make sure SMART AP MCP KNOBS are set off in Zibo :

Now, this change in MCP speed logic can have a side effect. Zibo has an optional feature called SMART AP MCP KNOBS that you can select in the EFB (the tablet) under CONFIGURE & CUSTOMIZE / HARDWARE. Make sure it's off !
Reason is that Zibo implemented a nice acceleration when you quickly send repeated "speed up"/"speed down" commands: it switches to a 5 kts stepping. Now, this totally confuses my plugin and it will lead to a wild up and down stepping. Just leave it off, please.

Bildschirmfoto_2022-02-01_um_12.50.13.png

Dans la prochaine version , permettra le support pour les nouveaux panels Ethernet CDU737Pro et ISFD ; pour finir , un lien vers le "issue public tracker site" ou vous pouvez soumettre problèmes et/ou demandes particulières .

Dernière édition:
Salut !

Midwest CPFlight plugin nouvelle version

Il suffit d'ouvrir l'application Standalone Installer 1.4.16 (si vous avez une ancienne version , l'installeur vous proposera la nouvelle version 1.4.17) .

Je ne sais pas quelles sont les corrections/améliorations mais j'ai testé cet après-midi (vol de 3h15) avec Zibo EA2.7 et ça marche nickel ...

New version Midwest737 Plugin 1.2.19 was published 17/02/2023 with improved support for X-Plane 12:
  • Annunciators now work in XP12 at night
  • X-Plane 12 default 737 MCP works again
There was a strange situation in XP12 where annunciators would not work at night. It turned out that this had to do with the new photometric lighting model that used lower intensity lighting at night. Therefore the annunciator intensities fell below the threshold used in the plugin and the hardware annunciators wer no longer turned on. Fixed now.

Also, X-Plane 12 changed some of the commands used for the default 737 (not Zibo) MCP. This was fixed as well.

In order to install the new plugin version, just download and run the installer.

Reminder: Make sure SMART AP MCP KNOBS are set off in Zibo

I got some requests related to an erratic behavior of the MCP IAS knob, which I already covered in the last newsletter and in an FAQ. I'd just like to repeat it here as well:

Zibo has an optional feature called SMART AP MCP KNOBS that you can select in the EFB (the tablet) under CONFIGURE & CUSTOMIZE / HARDWARE. Make sure it's off!

Bildschirmfoto_2022-02-01_um_12.50.13.png

Smart AP MCP Knobs must be leaved it off !
Reason is that Zibo implemented a nice acceleration when you quickly send repeated "speed up"/"speed down" commands: it switches to a 5 kts stepping. Now, this totally confuses my plugin and it will lead to a wild up and down stepping.

Vu tous les changements effectués par Zibo depuis quelques jours , une nouvelle version 1.2.20 du Midwest737 Plugin est accessible en ouvrant le standalone installer v1.4.17 .

Pour les possesseurs de matériel CPFlight qui n'ont pas reçu ce mail :

Midwest 737 Simulations

Dear Midwest 737 Simulation customers,

A new main plugin version is out!

After more than a year of testing, plugin version 1.3 was published today. This plugin version fully supports the CPFlight CDU PRO (the one connected over Ethernet) and ISFD. Both Zibo as well as the X-Plane default 737 are implemented.

The plugin also brings a number of improvement in other areas:
  • Improved compatibility with audio control panels (there seem to be different firmware versions out there)
  • Fix swapped annunciators on DOOR LOCK panels
  • Support for COM3 radio on the Multi VHF radio panel in Zibo
  • Support for terrain radar intensity (MIP inner intensity buttons) on Zibo
  • Support for nose wheel tiller on Zibo
  • Fixed OVH WHEEL WELLL and WING lights switches
The CDU and ISFD are supported by the ADVANCED version of the plugin, so they won't work with the BASIC version.

In order to install the new plugin version, just download and run the installer to download version 1.3. As always when rolling out a new main version of the plugin, I expect some bug reports over the next few days, so we may see increasing minor version numbers.

Again: A big THANK YOU

I cannot overemphasize this: It's been over five years now that the first version plugin was released. Back then, I wouldn't have imagined the success - and fun - it would be. Sometimes it also was hard work.

However, I still rely on your feedback. Whenever you spot an undesired behavior of the plugin, please let me know. Mostly, I will tell you to verify if the same behavior occurs as well when you disconnect the CPFlight devices or disable the plugin. If it does, it's most probably an aircraft or X-Plane issue. But again: Let me know. Send a mail to jbliesener@bliesener.com or to support@midwest737simulations.com and watch your inbox AND spam folder for my response.

A huge THANK YOU goes out to all those customers that helped me identifying and solving issues.

What's next?

Now, this is exciting: I've started working on the next generation of the plugin that will support CPFlight's A320 product line. For now, it's just the FCU and the EFIS on the Toliss A320, but this feature list will grow quickly. Do you own the CPFlight A320 devices and are you interested in testing? I'll be more than happy to include you in the beta test program. What features would you like to see next?

Il y a une mise à jour du plugin Midwest en v1.3.1

Elle corrige un problème d'illumination des boutons de l'audio panel ancien modèle qui ne fonctionnait pas depuis un bon moment déjà chez moi .

Ayant contacté Jorg en début d'après midi , il m'a envoyé une beta 1.3.1 que j'ai validé , les boutons sont de nouveau illuminés !

Du coup la version 1.3.1 est disponible ...

@Playrec issue fixed in release 1.3.1. Thank you for letting me know and for your cooperation.
The log window will be moveable and sizeable in version 1.4, that's on my backlog.

Retour